Re: [sig] FW: [MR] From the Seneschal of Meridies

  • Mikhail Nikolaev
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2005
      I'm in Meridies and the Barony of the South Downs in Atlanta. We met today
      to begin planning an SCA Relief, what I'll call, war plan. We're working on
      a website to coordinate donations of both money (to a special bank account,
      not to any single person) as well as donations of clothes, etc.

      Her Majesty of Meridies is coordinating this task. So expect more to come.
      We do know the Crown Prince and Princess of Glean Abhann are safe however
      the reports are that they have lost their home.

      There is also a website, SCAdisaster.org in the works.

      -- Mikhail

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2005
        --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Mikhail Nikolaev" <mikhail@a...> wrote:
        > I'm in Meridies and the Barony of the South Downs in Atlanta. We
        met today
        > to begin planning an SCA Relief, what I'll call, war plan. We're
        working on
        > a website to coordinate donations of both money (to a special bank
        account,
        > not to any single person) as well as donations of clothes, etc.
        >
        > Her Majesty of Meridies is coordinating this task. So expect more
        to come.
        > We do know the Crown Prince and Princess of Glean Abhann are safe
        however
        > the reports are that they have lost their home.
        >
        > There is also a website, SCAdisaster.org in the works.

        Today I did like the Channel Four news said and called 311 for more
        information on providing housing. They recommended another website,
        www.katrinahousing.org. I was told to register and I will hear from
        someone in the next few days to verify my offer. See information on
        it down below.

        I also registered with
        www.HurricaneHousing.org A project of www.MoveOn.org

        Ad:

        We just moved into a nice neighborhood near a school. One block from
        a middle school and four blocks from an elementary school. I have
        been an impoverished single parent most of my adult life, so I
        understand. I am about to get married, so two couples or one family
        with grade school aged children would be best. We can take an extra
        cat or dog or two. The large house has two spare bedrooms, each with
        a queen size bed. We also have a single bed on the cat porch. Our
        cats have a porch to go into, and a backyard to wander around. There
        is also a dog in a dog run. Smoking on the cat porch or outside. We
        don't make enough to feed you for a long term, but I can put you in
        touch with temporary agencies for work and helping agencies like food
        stamps.
        Pets OK: YES Smoking OK: YES Handicapped accessible: no Near
        public transit: YES