Re: New to list & looking for help

  • Terri Hirling
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26, 2005
      Thanks for your helpful response. See my comments below:

      > Information about Russian embroidery with some illustrations can be
      found at...http://tulgey.browser.net/~kate/sca/rus/

      Found this site a couple of days ago.

      > Notes from past SIG discussions about use of gems & pearls in
      Russian clothing is to be found here:
      http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/miscgem.html

      Haven't seen this one.

      > The above webpage does not have any notes form the very detailed
      discussion of Russian pearl embroidery that occurred within the last
      year on the SIG list. You should be able to find it using
      the "search" function on the Yahoo! group page messages.

      I'll give it try.

      > Some useful book references are listed at:
      > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/references.html (Art and
      Design Section)

      > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/books.html

      These two links will be very helpful.

      > I'd refer you to the on-line version of Mordak Timofeevich's Garb
      Packet (has the later period garb that I don't know as much about)
      but I just noticed that my link is broken. 'Dak?

      Found his site also.

      > You will find that truly period designs and examples for Russian
      garb are a bit few and far between, and most examples of period
      beading are ecclesiatical items. We do a lot of "plausibly period"
      work in Russian reenactment, although there is more and more
      information becoming available all the time.

      I kinda had the feeling that was case.

      Again, thanks for the help.

      Isabeau