Wiki issues (was: Re: re: re: re: cunnan, an SCA wiki)

  • yanagroznaia
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 25, 2005
      >>How about backing up the pages to a zip file every so often, and having
      > >this stored on the mailing list's Yahoo! pages?
      > >Alastair
      > I thought we'd used up nearly all the space that yahoo is willing to
      > give us. Oh, yeah, I was/am mixing 2 issues with storage and editors.

      Well, the Russian Knowledge pages are backed up on my home computer.
      At least, the last time I did an update, I saved everything, but that
      was about 2 years ago. So, having a backup isn't really an issue, at
      least in this particular case. And the Russian Knowledge Page isn't
      located on the Discussion Group's Yahoo account, so that is a separate
      issue.

      > I'd volunteer for one of the editor jobs cause I can do the technical
      > labor but I don't know enough to do the academic labor.

      The technical stuff isn't really an issue in the case of the Russian
      Knowledge Pages, although it might be an issue for other Pages. I am
      willing to continue the web-authoring side of things, but I can't keep
      up with the editor side of things, at least, not all by myself, which
      is the real issue. We have the webspace, we have someone to stick
      things up on the web, but we don't have enough people to edit/moderate
      (or whatever you wish to call it) the content.

      --Yana