Re: wanted: collar pattern

  • Seonaid13
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 23, 2005
      > That's not bad. I just finished a collar in July --
      > my research indicated that when laid flat, a collar
      > wasn't a complete circle. I'm not sure of the layout
      > on that pattern (I've seen it, but never checked it
      > out). When I made mine, I found

      DERF! Allow me to finish the thought above: when I made mine, I found
      it made a cone once fastened. I left a "slice" out of the "pie" shape,
      then put buttons down the opening. When worn, the ozherlya made a
      sloped line from my neck to the point of the shoulder, because it was
      basically conical - very VERY shallowly conical, but still. What I
      learned: they weren't kidding about the stiffener. It needs to be
      stiffened to look 'right'.

      --Sfandra (too-much-multitasking today, I think)
    • jennifer knox
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 24, 2005
        hi! you dont really need a pattern for a flat collar. just take two measurements, 1: around your neck, 2 from base of neck to where you want it to end. make a circle on fabric using measurement 1 and then measure out from that using measurement 2 (making two circles, esentially. then cut out the middle, cut out the outside and make a slit (ie an opening). then put it around your neck, pin it together so it looks good, adjust, pearl, line, and sew!
        anya

        "Speak softly and carry a big stick" -- Teddy Roosevelt