Re: [sig] Re: Re: Re: Re: cunnan, an SCA wiki

  • Tom Cerul
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 21, 2005
      Alastair, thank you for your response.

      Wikipedia has policies to handle plagerism (see
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Spotting_possible_copyright_violations
      ).

      I wish I knew what specifically was incorrect so that I could go fix
      it for the next reader. The edit process is so quick that I spend
      most of my time finding sources and references for the

      Regarding accademic rigour, from the article "Replies to common
      objections" in the section on Trustworthiness:
      "Note that the three leading competing online encyclopedias have
      disclaimers and provide no warranty as to their accuracy - Britannica,
      Encarta and Bartleby. Sometimes the staff of those encyclopedias
      forget about the disclaimers.
      [http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A30326-2004Sep17.html%5d
      "
      --from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Replies_to_common_objections#Trustworthiness

      In short, quality increases over time as people contribute.

      Please accept my apologies, but I do not understand what you mean by
      big R "Romantic" material.

      Regarding the possible dilution of focus, I must point out that the
      number of websites focusing on the naked human form has not at all
      affected my ability to hunt for jobs on the web. Similiarly, I
      propose that the profusion of clothing related pages would not obscure
      the limited number of pages on cooking, dance or weaponry.

      Overall, I am trying to find a place where the Slavic Interest Group
      has space for its pages, a way to contribute small amounts of time and
      a continuing ability to fight link rot so that large portions ot the
      knowledge pages do not become inaccessible due to unfortunate
      circumstances in the contributors life.

      Respectfully,
      Tomislaus