Yay my device passed

  • Lente
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 9, 2005
      Hi everyone,

      Just wanted to toot the horn about finally getting my hungarian device passed. Third time was the charmed one.

      So yes it can be done, it may just take you a few years (2001 to 2005 for me). My first try failed because the main charge wasn't attached to the trimount like all the ones in the example group, who knew, I probably have a honor of having one of the longest returns (one whole page in the LOAR letter) in the SCA heraldry college's history. Second try got returned for conflict with an older device, sword and scimitars not being considered different in Heraldry. I can without a doubt say that when you finally get a hungarian device to pass have someone else read the LOAR for you, you'll just drive yourself crazy for the way the LOAR was worded for your acceptance, or just be prepared with heartburn medicine.

      If you want to see what I got passed, go to http://wharrow.outlandsheralds.org/indexframe.html and look under the k's for Kathws Rusa.

      Off to finish the painting of my banner, scimitar for husband's fighting coat, and a million other little things for Outlands Crown Tourney next month...

      Kathws

    • Elaine Manyoki
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 9, 2005
        Absolutely terrific!! I just looked at it. I am
        having trouble with two snow owls...and my ex has been
        trying to pass multiple patriarchal crosses on the red
        and white stripes of the hungarian coat of arms....
        Katya

        [Clip your posts]
      • MoxFool@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 10, 2005