Re: [sig] Sects appeal!

  • Tom Cerul
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 9, 2005
      A quick google on "Fedosian" gets this 1 (relevant) page
      http://www.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/9710a.html

      Not exactly a huge basis for precedence. Sorry.

      Tomislaus

      On 8/9/05, Alastair Millar <alastair@...> wrote:
      > Does anyone know the correct English term - if there is one! - for a
      > follower/adherent/member of the late 17th century religious sect founded
      > in Russia by Fedosij Vasiljev? (Or indeed where I could find more
      > information about this sect...?).
      >
      > In Czech it's Fedosejevec, which doesn't really help me a great deal...
      > unless Fedosian would be acceptable?
      >
      > Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this!
      >
      > Alastair
    • Charles Richter
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 9, 2005
        The branch of Old Believers who followed Feodosii Vasiliev are known as
        the Fedoseevtsy (singular - Fedoseevets). They are among the priestless
        Old Believers, or Bezpopovtsy.

        --Charles Richter

        > On 8/9/05, Alastair Millar <alastair@...> wrote:
        >
        >>Does anyone know the correct English term - if there is one! - for a
        >>follower/adherent/member of the late 17th century religious sect founded
        >>in Russia by Fedosij Vasiljev? (Or indeed where I could find more
        >>information about this sect...?).

      • Justin Griffing
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 9, 2005
          A quick google on priestless old believers found the following site, which seems to have some information on him and his followers:

          http://ldmuziejus.mch.mii.lt/Naujausiosparodos/Old_Believers_b.en.htm

          YIS,
          Iustinos Branov

          [Clip your posts. Moderator]