Re: [sig] request for feedback/collaberation-Rom vardo

  • Lente
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 4, 2005
      You know I was just watching hgtv show called:
      Small Space, Big Style Episode HSSBS-101 titled Big Style, Big City
      Visit four homes in four big cities that prove good things DO come in small
      spaces. Retro and modern design combine in historic Old Town Alexandria and
      industrial chic meets laid back beach in a California bungalow. Then see how
      one couple met the challenges of a fifth-floor apartment in New York City
      and why an accomplished painter chose to live in a WWII transport vessel!
      Some of the air times are: August 04, 2005 8:00 PM ET/PT; August 05, 2005
      12:00 AM ET/PT; August 06, 2005 2:00 PM ET/PT; August 07, 2005 11:00 PM
      ET/PT; August 08, 2005 3:00 AM ET/PT

      Seeing the last home of the WWII transport vessel (neat shape with a curved
      roof and each roof end was higher then the center section), it made me
      wonder if anyone has thought of using the idea of one of the medieval barges
      from amsterdam or wherever as the basis for a trailer.

      Kathws

      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 5, 2005
        I know that show to..I watch HGTV all the time..I love most all the
        shows on there lol..Thank you for letting me join..My name
        Kimberly,37,mother,wife,homemaker,friend..I have two children twins.11
        year old daughter ,13 year old son, and son who would be 9 though he
        passed at age 2.Doctors thought he had croop and he did not..

        I live in Iowa central Iowa..I was born in Minnesota.Moved from there
        when i was 12 and lived in the southwest of america for 26 yrs..I
        wanted my seasons and birds and little animal critters back lol..So we
        are now back in Iowa..

        My husband was born in California,his father was from the old Russia
        and his parents migrated over here...

        I would love to live in europe one day with my family as we love to do
        one day..

        Thanks again for letting me join..
        Kimberly

        [Clip your posts]
      • Shannon Anderson
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 30, 2006
          While doing some research on these things, I found
          that my alma mater had posted some great pictures of
          the birch bark letters that are in Novgorod and I
          wanted to send this link in case anyone wanted to see
          them up close without leaving home.

          http://humanities.uchicago.edu/depts/slavic/bblphotos.html

          The pictures are pretty nice, you can get pretty good
          resolution. I personally will be making one of these,
          since I collected some nice birch bark while I was in
          Maine a few weeks ago...

          Margarita

          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 30, 2006
            That's a very cool site, thanks for the link!

            I expecially liked the photos of additional artifacts
            - I may try to recreate the Horse amulet.

            Thanks,
            Sfandra

            --- Shannon Anderson <kitonlove@...> wrote:
            > While doing some research on these things, I found
            > that my alma mater had posted some great pictures of
            > the birch bark letters that are in Novgorod and I
            > wanted to send this link in case anyone wanted to
            > see them up close without leaving home.

            http://humanities.uchicago.edu/depts/slavic/bblphotos.html

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Mir Plemmons
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 1 11:45 AM
              wonderful!! I'm actually looking for any collections of their
              contents in translation to at least modern Russian; pref French or
              English but I can muddle...

              is
              Mir