Osprey Winged Hussar Book status

  • Rick Orli
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2005
      I know many folks on this list have been looking forward to this
      title. Below is an extract from a ZT post by the author:
      ____________
      .....The book is being delayed primarily because I was ill last
      year, and then when I made a full recovery, my mother unfortunately
      become ill and I had to look after her.

      > The text of the book was essentially complete last year; since
      then it has undergone only fairly minor editing, mainly for length.
      There have been a few teething problems with getting the colour
      plates to mirror exactly what was intended on my sketches and
      reference materials, but this is now under control. The plates that
      have been completed so far are truly spectacular, and are a huge
      credit to the illustrator. In this respect the main problem has been
      my own perfectionism, since with an Osprey you get only one chance -
      then the book stays in print for decades, along with any errors it
      may contain.

      > I am 100% determined not only that the book will be factually
      correct, but that it will be at the cutting edge of knowledge. I beg
      a little patience and assure you all that the book will exceed
      everyone's expectations.