Pictures from a russian museum?

  • Seonaid13
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14, 2005
      Somewhere, I think here, was posted a URL for pictures a visitor to a
      russian museum had taken and posted online. One of those pictures
      contained an ornamental collar (ozherel'ya? My translator keeps saying
      this work just means 'necklace') that is a russian cousin to the
      Byzantine superhumeral. Does anyone recall that URL?

      --Sfandra
      --scraping documentation together for GNEW A&S Exhibition - Laurel's
      orders...
    • Lisa Kies
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14, 2005
        X-JumpGate Networks Webmail - Mason City, Iowa: Originating-IP

        Sfandra,
        Is this what you're looking for?

        http://www.sba.muohio.edu/snavely/Russia/IBS/photos.htm

        I have a very rough sketch of the Romanov ozherlya (or barma) on my website. I
        believe I based it on a photo in "Treasures of the Tsars", the book based on
        the exhibit that came to the U.S. So that would be another source for you, if
        you can find it.

        Treasures of the Czars from the State Museums of the Moscow Kremlin Presented
        by Florida International Museum St. Petersburg. Booth-Clibborn Editions,
        London, 1995. Library of Congress = N6981.T74 1995

        If you look carefully, the figures on that ozherlya depict the Deesis tier of
        an iconostasis - centered on Christ enthroned, flanked by praying figures of
        the Mother of God and John the Baptist, then the Archangels, etc. Just a
        little trivia for you.

        In Service,
        Sofya la Rus

        Quoting Seonaid13 <seonaid13@...>:

        > Somewhere, I think here, was posted a URL for pictures a visitor to a
        > russian museum had taken and posted online. One of those pictures
        > contained an ornamental collar (ozherel'ya? My translator keeps saying
        > this work just means 'necklace') that is a russian cousin to the
        > Byzantine superhumeral. Does anyone recall that URL?

        ***> JumpGate Networks - Mason City, Iowa <***
        ***> Voice: 641-424-5307 Fax: 641-424-5346 <***
        ***> www.jumpgate.net <***
      • Seonaid13
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 14, 2005
          > Sfandra,
          > Is this what you're looking for?
          >
          > http://www.sba.muohio.edu/snavely/Russia/IBS/photos.htm

          Yes, thank you!!

          > So that would be another source for you, if you can find it.
          >
          > Treasures of the Czars from the State Museums of the Moscow Kremlin
          >Presented
          > by Florida International Museum St. Petersburg. Booth-Clibborn
          >Editions,
          > London, 1995. Library of Congress = N6981.T74 1995

          Thanks. I don't know if I can get my hands on that by noon
          tomorrow :) but good for future reference. I just want to put some
          documentation/explanation together quick enough for GNE War here in
          EK.

          Thanks!
          Sfandra Dmitreva