Re[2]: [sig] lapti

  • Alexey Kiyaikin aka Posadnik
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 14, 2005
      Greetings!

      > By proper I meant the foot-enclosing lapti with the wrapping ties, not the
      They all had ones.

      > slipper-type that was depicted in the auction. Did they wear the
      > slipper-type too? "Proper" probably wasn't the best term. I'm not
      Yep. With Obory (that's what the rope attached to the rear of the shoe is called) you have no difference between a shoe- and the slipper-like Lapti. All in all, they fit the foot like a glove, provided you don't forget to wrap the foot and the ankle into Onuchi (~20 cm wide, 2 m long) or Portyanki (40 cm wide, 70+ cm long, in use since 14 century).

      > well-versed in lapti, so I will eagerly look forward to reading your manual!

      Actually, the weaving part is not mine, it is the scan of the do-it-yourself article that 0 rarely for such stuff - dealt with not only pencil boxes and spectacles cases, but (also)with real backpacks for berry-collectors and Lapti of the North-western region. Mine are the comments :-)

      Bye,
      Alex.