Re: [sig] Newbie - question

  • Lisa Kies
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 19, 2005
      X-JumpGate Networks Webmail - Mason City, Iowa: Originating-IP

      I have a small nit to pick here.

      Slavic garb is not "mainly in the decorative details rather than the lines of
      clothing." Unless your garb consists only of simple T-tunics, Russian clothing
      is definitely cut on a different line than clothing in western Europe. The
      western Slavs (Poles, etc.) borrowed more from Italy and western Europe, and I
      don't know as much about their situation, but I know for a fact that you can't
      take your houpeland, throw some freshwater pearls on it, and call it Russian.

      In service and with apologies for any unintended harshness of tone,
      Sofya la Rus

      Quoting bphall76@...:

      > From what I've seen
      > Slavicizing or Russification happens mainly in the decorative details rather
      > than
      > the lines of the clothing.

      ***> JumpGate Networks - Mason City, Iowa <***
      ***> Voice: 641-424-5307 Fax: 641-424-5346 <***
      ***> www.jumpgate.net <***