Re: [sig] translation please

  • Cezary Wyszynski
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2005
      rantucha ? I have never heard that word in my language ..
      by the way its not an accent over "n" .. its just different letter than "n" .. kind of soft "n"
      we have also a, e, s, c, z, z ...

      Cezar
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2005
        A quick search on google brought up two hits, on in English which I copied here and another in Polish, which I didn't.

        Polish Costume and Military Equipment 17th C.
        This sort of motif for a bonnet is seen in many Polish portraits, attached by
        servant with a thin head covering like a small shawl (rantucha) (Fig 50) ...
        www.kismeta.com/diGrasse/PolArtCostumeWeapons.htm