Re: [sig] RE: Temple ring on E-bay

  • Kseniia Smolnianina
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 7, 2005
      Good points. I think I just got overexcited. :)

      On a related topic, anyone know who might make decent reproductions in the US?

      --Kseniia

      --
      **********************************
      Lady Kseniia Smolnianina
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 7, 2005
        There are a lot of good jewelers in the SCA. Most will do custom work. Two
        of the best that I know personally are Fjorlief in Haga (enamelist) and
        William Beornson (silversmith). I have pieces from both of them.

        IS
        Vasilisa Myshkina
        Glymm Mere, An Tir

      • Kseniia Smolnianina
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 8, 2005
          William Beornson is amazing - I just can't afford him. :( Out of
          curiousity, are you the "Vasya" for whom he made the pair of silver
          cuffs? If so, I'd love to see a photo! He was telling me about them
          at an event (Egil's), and pointed out the sources he used for the
          designs.

          -- Kseniia
          Three Mountains, An Tir

          --
          **********************************
          Lady Kseniia Smolnianina
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 8, 2005
            I can. Do either of them have a website? 'dok

            --- Kseniia Smolnianina <kseniia@...> wrote:

            > William Beornson is amazing - I just can't afford
            > him. :( Out of
            > curiousity, are you the "Vasya" for whom he made the
            > pair of silver
            > cuffs? If so, I'd love to see a photo! He was
            > telling me about them
            > at an event (Egil's), and pointed out the sources he
            > used for the
            > designs.
            >
            > -- Kseniia
            > Three Mountains, An Tir
            >
            > On 6/7/05, bphall76@... <bphall76@...>
            > wrote:
            > > There are a lot of good jewelers in the SCA. Most
            > will do custom work. Two
            > > of the best that I know personally are Fjorlief in
            > Haga (enamelist) and
            > > William Beornson (silversmith). I have pieces
            > from both of them.
            > >
            > > IS
            > > Vasilisa Myshkina
            > > Glymm Mere, An Tir

            > removed]
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links
            > >

            > --
            > **********************************
            > Lady Kseniia Smolnianina
            > Barony of Three Mountains
            > Note my new e-mail address!

            __________________________________
            Yahoo! Mail
          • Kseniia Smolnianina
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 8, 2005
              I think this is William's site: http://www.billdawsonmetalsmith.com/

              Vasilisa, does this look like the right site to you?

              Fjorlief's site is: http://www.fineartisanry.com/

              Both are located in the Pacific Northwest.

              --Kseniia

              --
              **********************************
              Lady Kseniia Smolnianina
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 8, 2005
                There is also Master Danr, who does really great work, primarily with
                iron, in the Upper Midwest (Minnesota).
                His website is: http://www.irontreeworks.com/

                ~Aryenne
              • bphall76@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 9, 2005
                  Yup that's me. Fortunately for me Master William takes payments. He also
                  teaches different metal working techniques.

                  IS
                  Vasilisa Myshkina

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 10, 2005
                    Vassya,
                    Are you in the Outlands? I have a good friend also
                    named Master William who moved there from the Middle
                    last year, a metal worker extraordinaire...? Does he
                    wear a maroon hillbilly hat?
                    'dok

                    --- bphall76@... wrote:

                    > Yup that's me. Fortunately for me Master William
                    > takes payments. He also
                    > teaches different metal working techniques.
                    >
                    > IS
                    > Vasilisa Myshkina

                    > removed]

                    Discover Yahoo!