Re: Re:Translations (was maiden's headgear

  • MHoll@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 26 , Nov 16, 1999
      In a message dated 11/16/1999 9:25:55 PM Central Standard Time,
      vespirus@... writes:

      > Hey! Some of my students would disagree with you.

      So you're somwhere between 50 and 70, Russian emigre of the first or second
      emigration, with a slight accent or odd turns of phrase? ;-)

      I didn't say anything about American male teachers. My own husband usually
      makes quite an impression on his students. It's just the Russian ladies that
      stand out as a breed apart. You love them or you hate them, but indifferent
      you cannot be. :-)

      Predslava,
      who would be quite happy to become one of those ladies, but has already
      become too Westernized.