Irene Turnau books

  • Magdalena Gdanska
    Message 1 of 16 , May 16 3:42 AM
      In the section on Polish Dress in Irene Turnau's book on History of
      Costumes of Cdntral Europe she says she described Polish dress in
      her "previous book." I know she also wrote a book on Occupational
      Dress and one on Knitting. Are the any other books she wrote and does
      anyone know in which one she discussed Polish dress specifically
      women's dress? Is there a part one to the book on historical dress?

      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Magdalena Gdanska
    • MoxFool@aol.com
      Message 2 of 16 , May 16 3:24 PM
        In a message dated 5/16/2005 9:49:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        nunother56@... writes:

        In the section on Polish Dress in Irene Turnau's book on History of
        Costumes of Cdntral Europe she says she described Polish dress in
        her "previous book." I know she also wrote a book on Occupational
        Dress and one on Knitting. Are the any other books she wrote and does
        anyone know in which one she discussed Polish dress specifically
        women's dress? Is there a part one to the book on historical dress?

        Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        Magdalena Gdanska>>

        According to the reference I have, that would be
        Turnau, I., Ubior narodowy w dawnej Rzeczypospolitej, Warsaw, Polish
        Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, 1991.

        Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski, Assistant Midrealm Rapier Website Librarian,
        Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, Shire of Talonval
        Student of THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R.,
        My homepage: http://members.aol.com/moxfool/zygmunt.html
        "Winning at all costs, costs everything" - Earl Sir Ædward Stædefæste of
        Lochac

      • Stacey Mihallik
        Message 3 of 16 , May 17 12:01 PM
          What about Odziez mieszczanstwa warzawskiego w XVIII wieku? I can get this one in my state, but can't get Ubior narodowy w dawnej Rzeczypospolitej.

          What do these titles actually translate to?

          Alzbeta

          MoxFool@... wrote:
          According to the reference I have, that would be
          Turnau, I., Ubior narodowy w dawnej Rzeczypospolitej, Warsaw, Polish
          Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, 1991.

          Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski, Assistant Midrealm Rapier Website Librarian,
          Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, Shire of Talonval
          Student of THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R.,
          My homepage: http://members.aol.com/moxfool/zygmunt.html
          "Winning at all costs, costs everything" - Earl Sir �dward St�def�ste of
          Lochac

          Message 4 of 16 , May 17 12:18 PM
            just a crazy guess...."Over Clothing at the Dawn of
            the Union", and I actually have a copy of that....nd
            can be bribed, say, one copy for one cold beer and a
            plate of chow at Pennsic?
            'dok
            --- Stacey Mihallik <uberwolf@...> wrote:
            > What about Odziez mieszczanstwa warzawskiego w XVIII
            > wieku? I can get this one in my state, but can't
            > get Ubior narodowy w dawnej Rzeczypospolitej.
            >
            > What do these titles actually translate to?
            >
            > Alzbeta
            >
            > MoxFool@... wrote:
            > According to the reference I have, that would be
            > Turnau, I., Ubior narodowy w dawnej
            > Rzeczypospolitej, Warsaw, Polish
            > Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, 1991.
            >

            > Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski, Assistant Midrealm Rapier
            > Website Librarian,
            > Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, Shire of
            > Talonval
            > Student of THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R.,
            > My homepage:
            > http://members.aol.com/moxfool/zygmunt.html
            > "Winning at all costs, costs everything" - Earl Sir
            > �dward St�def�ste of
            > Lochac

            > removed]

            > --------------------~-->
            > Has someone you know been affected by illness or
            > disease?
            > Network for Good is THE place to support health
            > awareness efforts!

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/LmiolB/TM

            Yahoo! Mail
          • Stacey Mihallik

              Message 6 of 16 , May 17 1:15 PM
                Damn, the sacrifices.....are you on the SIG directory
                for a mailing address? I can copy it this weekend, I'm
                jammed up til then!
                'dok
                --- Stacey Mihallik <uberwolf@...> wrote:
                > Heh. I think that can be arranged. We can figure
                > out the details once the land assignments have gone
                > out. Be warned though, it's likely to expand to
                > several beers and heaps of chow.
                >
                > Alzbeta
                >
                > Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:
                > just a crazy guess...."Over Clothing at the Dawn of
                > the Union", and I actually have a copy of that....nd
                > can be bribed, say, one copy for one cold beer and a
                > plate of chow at Pennsic?
                > 'dok

                > removed]

                Discover Yahoo!
                http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html
              • Stacey Mihallik
                Message 7 of 16 , May 17 1:29 PM
                  No, it appears I'm not. I'll have to fix that.

                  Stacey Mihallik
                  300 E. Virginia Ave.
                  Peoria, IL 61603

                  Thanks!
                  Alzbeta

                  Message 8 of 16 , May 17 1:37 PM
                    Me too.....
                    --- Stacey Mihallik <uberwolf@...> wrote:
                    > No, it appears I'm not. I'll have to fix that.
                    >
                    > Stacey Mihallik
                    > 300 E. Virginia Ave.
                    > Peoria, IL 61603
                    >
                    > Thanks!
                    > Alzbeta
                    >
                    > Tim Nalley <mordakus@...> wrote:
                    > Damn, the sacrifices.....are you on the SIG
                    > directory
                    > for a mailing address? I can copy it this weekend,
                    > I'm
                    > jammed up til then!
                    > 'dok

                    > removed]

                    __________________________________
                    Yahoo! Mail Mobile
                    http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
                  • MoxFool@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 18 3:16 AM
                      In a message dated 5/17/2005 3:08:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                      uberwolf@... writes:

                      Ubior narodowy w dawnej Rzeczypospolitej.

                      What do these titles actually translate to?

                      Alzbeta>>

                      I can't make heads nor tails of the other title, but this one is close:
                      National costume at the dawn of the republic. I bow to superior translators
                      should they correct me. :D

                    • turanomar@libero.it
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 18 3:48 AM
                        It mneans simply THE POPULAR COSTUMES OF THE POLISH RECZPOSPOLITA (i.e. of the Polish State in the XIV-XVI cent.)

                        Aldo C. Marturano

                        [Clip your posts. Moderator]
                      • turanomar@libero.it
                        Message 11 of 16 , May 18 8:00 AM
                          Dear Alzbeta dawnej has nothing to do with DAWN. it is the Polish adjective for OLD.---------- Initial Header -----------

                          [Clip your posts. Again. Moderator.]
                        • Stacey Mihallik
                          Message 12 of 16 , May 18 8:51 AM
                            Actually, I'm the one who asked for the translation of the title, not the one who did the translating, but the correction is appreciated. :)

                            Alzbeta

                            Message 13 of 16 , May 19 3:14 AM
                              In a message dated 5/18/2005 11:55:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                              turanomar@... writes:

                              Dear Alzbeta dawnej has nothing to do with DAWN. it is the Polish adjective
                              for OLD.---------- Initial Header ----------->>

                              Thanks for the translation correction. You were warned :P.

                              Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski, Assistant Midrealm Rapier Website Librarian,
                              Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, Shire of Talonval
                              Student of THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R.,
                              My homepage: http://members.aol.com/moxfool/zygmunt.html
                              "Winning at all costs, costs everything" - Earl Sir Ædward Stædefæste of
                              Lochac

                            • Alastair Millar
                              Message 14 of 16 , May 19 1:39 PM
                                > Odziez mieszczanstwa warzawskiego w XVIII wieku?
                                The clothing of the Warsaw bourgeoisie (or burghers if you prefer) in
                                the 18th century

                                > Ubior narodowy w dawnej Rzeczypospolitej.
                                National costume in the early republic

                                Alastair

                                Alastair Millar BSc(Hons) - http://www.skriptorium.info
                                = Translation & consultancy for the heritage industry =

                              • Ilijana Krakowska
                                Message 15 of 16 , Aug 3, 2005
                                  Anyone care to translate the following titles into English?

                                  Tysi¹c lat ubiorów w Polsce [by Anna Sieradzka]

                                  O modach i strojach [by Ma³gorzata Mo¿d¿yñska-Nawotka]

                                  Ubiory w Polszcze od najdawniejszych czasów a¿ do chwil obecnych / sposobem dykcyonarza u³o¿one i opisane przez £ukasza Go³êbiowskiego.

                                  Not sure what this is after the slash and before " £ukasza Go³êbiowskiego." Is it a subtitle, or a description of the author?

                                  Ilijana Krakowska
                                  Per pale argent and gules, two cats sejant addorsed counterchanged.

                                • Michał M
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Aug 4, 2005
                                    My English is poor, but i will try anyway :)
                                    > Tysi¹c lat ubiorów w Polsce [by Anna Sieradzka]

                                    Thousand years of clothing in Poland

                                    > O modach i strojach [by Ma³gorzata
                                    > Mo¿d¿yñska-Nawotka]

                                    About fashions and clothes

                                    > Ubiory w Polszcze od najdawniejszych czasów a¿ do
                                    > chwil obecnych / sposobem dykcyonarza u³o¿one i
                                    > opisane przez £ukasza Go³êbiowskiego.

                                    Clothes in Poland from the oldest times till nowdays.
                                    collected by Łukasz Gołębiowski.
                                    Dykcyonarz (dykcjonarz) it's an old fashionable word
                                    for "dictionary"
                                    > Not sure what this is after the slash and before "
                                    > £ukasza Go³êbiowskiego." Is it a subtitle, or a
                                    > description of the author?
                                    It's title

                                    Czy już jesteś w Yahoo!?
                                    Masz dosyć spamu? Poczta Yahoo! dysponuje najlepszą ochroną przed spamem
                                    http://pl.mail.yahoo.com