Re: [sig] baba yaga izba

  • Tracy Kremer
    Message 1 of 7 , May 3, 2005
      Mir wrote;
      > I have to admit, while the official plan calls for
      > fake stone foundation to cover lower 2.5 feet for
      > wheels and gap between truck and ground, we're also
      > threatening to make wheelcovers that look like
      > chicken legs! It would be disappointing, though,
      > for it not to respond when I walked up and said
      > "little hut, little hut, turn around!"

      LOL!

      Tim wrote;
      > how about a motion detector rigged to a lcd
      > recorder...

      That's a scary but wonderful thought! A
      voice-controlled baba yaga hut! If we were really
      going to go whole-hog (or chicken), though, you would
      want to park it on a rotating platform that could be
      activated by voice or hidden controls while you speak.
      Boy would that freak some folks!!

      Just dreaming....
      Eluned

      Men are like Coffee. The best ones are rich, warm, and can keep you up
      all night long.

      CONTACT ME FOR CUST0M NECKLACES! For SCA, New Age, and lovers of amber and semiprecious stones...silver only, no gold. Nice prices, honest!

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 7 , May 4, 2005
        So, can you do a mean chicken dance too, or is that
        too German?

        I've been tweeking the lightwieght vardo idea and
        even consulted with a buddy who is very competitent in
        fabrication matters for applicability.

        This is what we came up with, so far....
        * Harbor Frieght Tools sells a 4x8' bed trailer (269
        lbs) for 219.99 w/ side wall slots, standard, rated
        for 1175 lbs load capacity.
        * The bed can be extended 2' over the tongue utilizing
        a hinged front wall and a detachable back gate as the
        flooring.
        * two 2X4s with a 1" slot between them at the top edge
        of the sidewalls will allow a slatted bed to be slid
        forward to create an extra 2' of changing room in the
        trailer & slid back to close the gated front for
        transport.
        *angling the slots for the fiberglass ribs creates a
        round top canvas cover, angling the front and back
        edges provides a sun/rain shield (like a conestoga
        wagon).
        *Thecanvas can be used as a cover for transport under
        a spider bungee(available cheap at UHaul locations)

        Does anyone have any clevr ideas about doors or
        sunshades? I'm not planning to leave my Pennsic couch
        at home but my wieght limit for towing is 1000 lbs.

        BTW, I agree about the coffee saying....absolutely
        priceless!
        'dok
        --- Tracy Kremer <eluned_p@...> wrote:
        > Mir wrote;
        > > I have to admit, while the official plan calls for
        > > fake stone foundation to cover lower 2.5 feet for
        > > wheels and gap between truck and ground, we're
        > also
        > > threatening to make wheelcovers that look like
        > > chicken legs! It would be disappointing, though,
        > > for it not to respond when I walked up and said
        > > "little hut, little hut, turn around!"
        >
        > LOL!
        >
        > Tim wrote;
        > > how about a motion detector rigged to a lcd
        > > recorder...
        >
        > That's a scary but wonderful thought! A
        > voice-controlled baba yaga hut! If we were really
        > going to go whole-hog (or chicken), though, you
        > would
        > want to park it on a rotating platform that could be
        > activated by voice or hidden controls while you
        > speak.
        > Boy would that freak some folks!!
        >
        > Just dreaming....
        > Eluned
        >

        > Men are like Coffee. The best ones are rich, warm,
        > and can keep you up
        > all night long.
        >
        > CONTACT ME FOR CUST0M NECKLACES! For SCA, New Age,
        > and lovers of amber and semiprecious stones...silver
        > only, no gold. Nice prices, honest!
        >
        > COMING SOON; ElunedsEmporium.com !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        > protection around
        > http://mail.yahoo.com

        Discover Yahoo!
        http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html
      • Rachel Sampsel
        Message 3 of 7 , May 6, 2005
          Hello. While I am new to the list, I am also on the SCA_Gypsy list and this particular thread strikes me a lot like one of the vardo threads that we had a while back. While the vardo isn't period, the construction plans could easily be altered to generate anything. My husband and I are making noises about taking the plans and making a viking lodge out of it.

          This is the link that has some really nice step-by-steps for folks who have built their own "traveling cottage." http://enslin.com/rae/gypsy/camps.htm
          Raisa Zaplatskaya