Re: [sig] baba yaga izba

    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2005
      > I have to admit, while the official plan calls for
      > fake stone foundation to cover lower 2.5 feet for
      > wheels and gap between truck and ground, we're also
      > threatening to make wheelcovers that look like
      > chicken legs! It would be disappointing, though,
      > for it not to respond when I walked up and said
      > "little hut, little hut, turn around!"

      LMAO!!!!

      I would pay to see that, if you could get it to work.
      --Sfandra

      ******************
      Sfandra Dmitrieva iz Chernigova
      Barony of Carolingia
      Kingdom of the East
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2005
        Sweet idea though!!!!! My truck got towed and crushed
        by the cops this winter so I've been pricing 4X8
        trailers and canvas for a bowtop that wil be light
        enough to tow behind my 4 cylinder Saturn. Got an
        updated plan for the one online, in thoery anyway!
        'dok
        --- Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:
        > > I have to admit, while the official plan calls for
        > > fake stone foundation to cover lower 2.5 feet for
        > > wheels and gap between truck and ground, we're
        > also
        > > threatening to make wheelcovers that look like
        > > chicken legs! It would be disappointing, though,
        > > for it not to respond when I walked up and said
        > > "little hut, little hut, turn around!"
        >
        > LMAO!!!!
        >
        > I would pay to see that, if you could get it to
        > work.
        > --Sfandra
        >
        > ******************
        > Sfandra Dmitrieva iz Chernigova
        > Barony of Carolingia
        > Kingdom of the East
        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Tracy Kremer
        Message 3 of 7 , May 3, 2005
          Mir wrote;
          > I have to admit, while the official plan calls for
          > fake stone foundation to cover lower 2.5 feet for
          > wheels and gap between truck and ground, we're also
          > threatening to make wheelcovers that look like
          > chicken legs! It would be disappointing, though,
          > for it not to respond when I walked up and said
          > "little hut, little hut, turn around!"

          LOL!

          Tim wrote;
          > how about a motion detector rigged to a lcd
          > recorder...

          That's a scary but wonderful thought! A
          voice-controlled baba yaga hut! If we were really
          going to go whole-hog (or chicken), though, you would
          want to park it on a rotating platform that could be
          activated by voice or hidden controls while you speak.
          Boy would that freak some folks!!

          Just dreaming....
          Eluned

          Men are like Coffee. The best ones are rich, warm, and can keep you up
          all night long.

          CONTACT ME FOR CUST0M NECKLACES! For SCA, New Age, and lovers of amber and semiprecious stones...silver only, no gold. Nice prices, honest!

          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 7 , May 4, 2005
            So, can you do a mean chicken dance too, or is that
            too German?

            I've been tweeking the lightwieght vardo idea and
            even consulted with a buddy who is very competitent in
            fabrication matters for applicability.

            This is what we came up with, so far....
            * Harbor Frieght Tools sells a 4x8' bed trailer (269
            lbs) for 219.99 w/ side wall slots, standard, rated
            for 1175 lbs load capacity.
            * The bed can be extended 2' over the tongue utilizing
            a hinged front wall and a detachable back gate as the
            flooring.
            * two 2X4s with a 1" slot between them at the top edge
            of the sidewalls will allow a slatted bed to be slid
            forward to create an extra 2' of changing room in the
            trailer & slid back to close the gated front for
            transport.
            *angling the slots for the fiberglass ribs creates a
            round top canvas cover, angling the front and back
            edges provides a sun/rain shield (like a conestoga
            wagon).
            *Thecanvas can be used as a cover for transport under
            a spider bungee(available cheap at UHaul locations)

            Does anyone have any clevr ideas about doors or
            sunshades? I'm not planning to leave my Pennsic couch
            at home but my wieght limit for towing is 1000 lbs.

            BTW, I agree about the coffee saying....absolutely
            priceless!
            'dok
            --- Tracy Kremer <eluned_p@...> wrote:
            > Mir wrote;
            > > I have to admit, while the official plan calls for
            > > fake stone foundation to cover lower 2.5 feet for
            > > wheels and gap between truck and ground, we're
            > also
            > > threatening to make wheelcovers that look like
            > > chicken legs! It would be disappointing, though,
            > > for it not to respond when I walked up and said
            > > "little hut, little hut, turn around!"
            >
            > LOL!
            >
            > Tim wrote;
            > > how about a motion detector rigged to a lcd
            > > recorder...
            >
            > That's a scary but wonderful thought! A
            > voice-controlled baba yaga hut! If we were really
            > going to go whole-hog (or chicken), though, you
            > would
            > want to park it on a rotating platform that could be
            > activated by voice or hidden controls while you
            > speak.
            > Boy would that freak some folks!!
            >
            > Just dreaming....
            > Eluned
            >

            > Men are like Coffee. The best ones are rich, warm,
            > and can keep you up
            > all night long.
            >
            > CONTACT ME FOR CUST0M NECKLACES! For SCA, New Age,
            > and lovers of amber and semiprecious stones...silver
            > only, no gold. Nice prices, honest!
            >
            > COMING SOON; ElunedsEmporium.com !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            > protection around
            > http://mail.yahoo.com

            Discover Yahoo!
            http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html
          • Rachel Sampsel
            Message 5 of 7 , May 6, 2005
              Hello. While I am new to the list, I am also on the SCA_Gypsy list and this particular thread strikes me a lot like one of the vardo threads that we had a while back. While the vardo isn't period, the construction plans could easily be altered to generate anything. My husband and I are making noises about taking the plans and making a viking lodge out of it.

              This is the link that has some really nice step-by-steps for folks who have built their own "traveling cottage." http://enslin.com/rae/gypsy/camps.htm
              Raisa Zaplatskaya