re: baba yaga izba

  • mir.plemmons@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 29, 2005
      I have to admit, while the official plan calls for fake stone foundation to cover lower 2.5 feet for wheels and gap between truck and ground, we're also threatening to make wheelcovers that look like chicken legs! It would be disappointing, though, for it not to respond when I walked up and said "little hut, little hut, turn around!"

      in grinning service
      Mir

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 29, 2005
        how about a motion detector rigged to a lcd
        recorder...

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2 6:29 AM
          > I have to admit, while the official plan calls for
          > fake stone foundation to cover lower 2.5 feet for
          > wheels and gap between truck and ground, we're also
          > threatening to make wheelcovers that look like
          > chicken legs! It would be disappointing, though,
          > for it not to respond when I walked up and said
          > "little hut, little hut, turn around!"

          LMAO!!!!

          I would pay to see that, if you could get it to work.
          --Sfandra

          ******************
          Sfandra Dmitrieva iz Chernigova
          Barony of Carolingia
          Kingdom of the East
          Message 4 of 7 , May 2 7:36 AM
            Sweet idea though!!!!! My truck got towed and crushed
            by the cops this winter so I've been pricing 4X8
            trailers and canvas for a bowtop that wil be light
            enough to tow behind my 4 cylinder Saturn. Got an
            updated plan for the one online, in thoery anyway!
            'dok
            --- Sfandra <seonaid13@...> wrote:
            > > I have to admit, while the official plan calls for
            > > fake stone foundation to cover lower 2.5 feet for
            > > wheels and gap between truck and ground, we're
            > also
            > > threatening to make wheelcovers that look like
            > > chicken legs! It would be disappointing, though,
            > > for it not to respond when I walked up and said
            > > "little hut, little hut, turn around!"
            >
            > LMAO!!!!
            >
            > I would pay to see that, if you could get it to
            > work.
            > --Sfandra
            >
            > ******************
            > Sfandra Dmitrieva iz Chernigova
            > Barony of Carolingia
            > Kingdom of the East
            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Tracy Kremer
            Message 5 of 7 , May 3 8:15 PM
              Mir wrote;
              > I have to admit, while the official plan calls for
              > fake stone foundation to cover lower 2.5 feet for
              > wheels and gap between truck and ground, we're also
              > threatening to make wheelcovers that look like
              > chicken legs! It would be disappointing, though,
              > for it not to respond when I walked up and said
              > "little hut, little hut, turn around!"

              LOL!

              Tim wrote;
              > how about a motion detector rigged to a lcd
              > recorder...

              That's a scary but wonderful thought! A
              voice-controlled baba yaga hut! If we were really
              going to go whole-hog (or chicken), though, you would
              want to park it on a rotating platform that could be
              activated by voice or hidden controls while you speak.
              Boy would that freak some folks!!

              Just dreaming....
              Eluned

              Men are like Coffee. The best ones are rich, warm, and can keep you up
              all night long.

              CONTACT ME FOR CUST0M NECKLACES! For SCA, New Age, and lovers of amber and semiprecious stones...silver only, no gold. Nice prices, honest!

              http://mail.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 7 , May 4 10:17 AM
                So, can you do a mean chicken dance too, or is that
                too German?

                I've been tweeking the lightwieght vardo idea and
                even consulted with a buddy who is very competitent in
                fabrication matters for applicability.

                This is what we came up with, so far....
                * Harbor Frieght Tools sells a 4x8' bed trailer (269
                lbs) for 219.99 w/ side wall slots, standard, rated
                for 1175 lbs load capacity.
                * The bed can be extended 2' over the tongue utilizing
                a hinged front wall and a detachable back gate as the
                flooring.
                * two 2X4s with a 1" slot between them at the top edge
                of the sidewalls will allow a slatted bed to be slid
                forward to create an extra 2' of changing room in the
                trailer & slid back to close the gated front for
                transport.
                *angling the slots for the fiberglass ribs creates a
                round top canvas cover, angling the front and back
                edges provides a sun/rain shield (like a conestoga
                wagon).
                *Thecanvas can be used as a cover for transport under
                a spider bungee(available cheap at UHaul locations)

                Does anyone have any clevr ideas about doors or
                sunshades? I'm not planning to leave my Pennsic couch
                at home but my wieght limit for towing is 1000 lbs.

                BTW, I agree about the coffee saying....absolutely
                priceless!
                'dok
                --- Tracy Kremer <eluned_p@...> wrote:
                > Mir wrote;
                > > I have to admit, while the official plan calls for
                > > fake stone foundation to cover lower 2.5 feet for
                > > wheels and gap between truck and ground, we're
                > also
                > > threatening to make wheelcovers that look like
                > > chicken legs! It would be disappointing, though,
                > > for it not to respond when I walked up and said
                > > "little hut, little hut, turn around!"
                >
                > LOL!
                >
                > Tim wrote;
                > > how about a motion detector rigged to a lcd
                > > recorder...
                >
                > That's a scary but wonderful thought! A
                > voice-controlled baba yaga hut! If we were really
                > going to go whole-hog (or chicken), though, you
                > would
                > want to park it on a rotating platform that could be
                > activated by voice or hidden controls while you
                > speak.
                > Boy would that freak some folks!!
                >
                > Just dreaming....
                > Eluned
                >

                > Men are like Coffee. The best ones are rich, warm,
                > and can keep you up
                > all night long.
                >
                > CONTACT ME FOR CUST0M NECKLACES! For SCA, New Age,
                > and lovers of amber and semiprecious stones...silver
                > only, no gold. Nice prices, honest!
                >
                > COMING SOON; ElunedsEmporium.com !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                > protection around
                > http://mail.yahoo.com

                Discover Yahoo!
                http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html
              • Rachel Sampsel
                Message 7 of 7 , May 6 2:20 PM
                  Hello. While I am new to the list, I am also on the SCA_Gypsy list and this particular thread strikes me a lot like one of the vardo threads that we had a while back. While the vardo isn't period, the construction plans could easily be altered to generate anything. My husband and I are making noises about taking the plans and making a viking lodge out of it.

                  This is the link that has some really nice step-by-steps for folks who have built their own "traveling cottage." http://enslin.com/rae/gypsy/camps.htm
                  Raisa Zaplatskaya