9729Re: Re[4]: [sig] Ukraine Costuming page

  • Susan Koziel
    Mar 2, 2005
      --- Alexey Kiyaikin aka Posadnik <Posadnik@...>
      wrote:

      > Well.... First, Ukraine was never my specific
      > interest. All I have is the well-known book on
      > costume of Eastern Europe peoples (Moscow, 198* -
      > can't remember the exact title being at work, here
      > it is often mentioned as a source reliable but
      > rather generalized), there is a chapter about
      > Ukraine.

      I just thought I'd ask.
      :)
      If you manage to dig up the title one of these days
      that would be great.

      > Second, Ukraine, being a Lietuvan-Polish province
      > inlate period, had borrowed much from the Polish
      > costume. Thus, speaking of wealthy people's costume,
      > I'd suggest it could include up to 3/4 of imported
      > items - as status symbols, especially in late
      > period.

      Yes, I realize that but because the area tended to be
      such a mix of cultures I'd kind of like to see how
      they put the pieces together - and find some primary
      sources from the area as back up.
      Anyhow thanks for the info on the webpage, when I get
      the real book I'll see what I can do about getting a
      translation & report how it is as a source.
      ;)
      -Kataryna
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic