9307Re: Hello from a new member

  • susannah53
    Nov 16, 2004
      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Uma Palata" <Uma-Palata@y...> wrote:
      > Greetings all,

      > I live in the Middle Kingdom, in the Marche of Alderford (in other
      words, in
      > North-East Ohio).
      > I don't have a single piece of garb yet, so I'm trying to figure out
      what to
      > make and how to make it. I found the extensive bibliography on the SIG
      > website. But how do people actually get hold of these books? They
      don't look
      > like something one would find in a local branch of a county library...
      >
      > Wishing everybody a nice day,
      >
      > Katya

      Ohio has an excellent Interlibrary Loan program. Go to www.oplin.org
      and you can access the catalog of items in the collections of
      libraries throughout the state. Click on "Find a Library" on the home
      page, and then click on your county on the map of Ohio. YOu should
      find your library listed. There's no charge for borrowing the books.
      At least at our library, if the book I've requested isn't in the
      system, we have a research librarian who will go out of her way to try
      and find it for me. I've borrowed books that have come from
      out-of-state and university libraries.

      Susannah
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic