9008Re: Irena Turnau, rather Bartkiewicz

  • Rick Orli
    Jul 9, 2004
      The big problem is Illustrations. There were a hundred or more that
      come from dozens of places. Text is one thing but gotta have
      pictures. The original book copyright would include rights to
      reproduce the pictures. I am not about to spend what could be
      months of steady work hunting down picture rights
      -Rick

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. Goldschmidt" <goldschp@t...>
      wrote:
      > What is the copyright date on the book? Prior to 1980, most of
      the EE
      > countries were not signatories to the Copyright and they did not
      recognize
      > our intellectual property rights so we didn't have to honor theirs.
      >
      > If you've got the author's blessings, I'd say you satisfied the
      ethical angle .

      > And if you're not planning to make a penny off of the translation,
      it
      > really wouldn't be worth anyone's time to sue you.
      >
      > No, I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Select last
      night. :>

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic