8340Re: SCA time period 1600 or 1650

  • redlocks999
    Nov 5, 2003
      Although the charter states pre-17th Century I have found documents that say 600
      -1600 or 1650. Needless to say there are well-founded arguments for both sides. I
      mean what would we do without all those handsome cavaliers & winged hussars
      striding about? Besides to end it at 1485 would be a shame that's 165 years of
      intellectual and cultural ferment. While I respect your predilection towards the early
      ages I must protest ; )

      Just my two silver groshi, Julia

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Dmitriy Ryaboy" <dvryaboy@h...> wrote:

      > > I usually tell people we go "through" the Reign of
      > > Elizabeth I, which puts the end date at 1603.
      > > --Sfandra
      >
      > I just lie and say we stop at 1485, Battle of Bosworth. (No, I don't
      > really do that, it's a joke...). I like the concept though. Fall of
      > Rome to the end of the War of the Roses, nice and neat. Coincides
      > with Russian history markers well, too.
      >
      > -Dmitriy
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic