7633Re: Kaganate clothing site, khazar boot

  • Dmitriy Ryaboy
    Jun 9, 2003
      Why thank you, Anya :).
      Regarding the khazar boot -- the bit I translated for the Kaganate web
      page is pretty much all that is known about that boot. I have not
      seen felt boot evidence that would warrant extending it to a larger
      group of cultures, but then again, so little of the 10th century stuff
      survives, and I've seen such a small subsection of it.. ;)
      For Russia, I'd still go with simple leather turnshoes, but I can't
      say that boots like these would look completely out of place.

      -Dmitriy

      jennifer knox <jeniferknox@y...> wrote:
      > everyone look at this!
      >
      > http://www.geocities.com/kaganate/clothing.html
      >
      > it is a completely amazing site! you wont be sorry!
      > anya
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic