5118Re: [sig] roll call

  • Jeff Smith
    Sep 13, 2001
      Ijust got a note on the Grand Council List from the
      Baron of Ostgardr that all SCA folk in NYC had been
      accounted for. Some still have family members out
      working as paramedics, and he (The Baron) has lost a
      close friend.

      B. Janos

      --- Kate Jones <kate@...> wrote:
      > Jenn/Yana sez:
      > >
      > > Since I am the moderator, I guess it is only
      > fitting that I keep an eye on
      > > how everyone is doing out there, especially our
      > members who live or work in
      > > New York, Washington DC, and Pittsburg, and those
      > members who have friends
      > > and/or family associated with those places. My
      > thoughts go out to those
      > > personally affected by the USA's continuing
      > tragedy.
      > >
      > > So, to those who are in the disaster zones, how
      > about a hands-up so that we
      > > know you are still there?
      >
      > As far as I have heard, everyone in Ostgard and
      > Atlantia who was
      > anywhere near the disasters has checked in and is
      > fine.
      >
      > Apparently, at least in Ostgard, quite a few
      > SCAdians work in or near
      > the WTC but most of them, for one reason or another,
      > happened to not
      > be at work that morning. Some of them suddenly got
      > sick, one person
      > had a DMV appointment, and several of them were late
      > for work due to
      > various unexpected transportation problems. The very
      > few who did make
      > it to work got out with no problems.
      >
      > Sort of makes you think.
      >
      > I haven't heard anything from the SCA out in the
      > Pittsburgh area but I
      > know nobody on the ground was hurt. I did hear,
      > however, that a few
      > SCAdians live within ten miles of the crash site.
      > Apparently someone
      > in the SCA did know the pilot of that flight.
      >
      > I haven't heard if there was anyone from the SCA in
      > any of
      > the planes, but that may take a few more days to
      > hear about.
      >
      > Kat'ryna
      > --
      > Kate Jones | I turned my
      > world upside-down
      > kate@... | and that's how
      > everything landed...

      =====
      JEFFREY C. SMITH
      HQ USAREUR/7A
      CMR 420, BOX 2839
      APO AE 09063-2839

      "The wind calls your name as I pass it." - Mr Bean