16178Re: [sig] Clothing conter-weights?

  • Anya Stickney
    Mar 28, 2014
      I haven't had problems with this, but maybe that's because I bead the bottom hem all around the dress. It might be acting as a counterweight without me meaning for it to.

      On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 3:58 PM, Patty <Patoodle@...> wrote:

      I should probably let Sfandra answer this, but all I know is: There's a *reason* why Sfandra's slogan is: "Don't pearl your butt!" :-) :-)

      In service,
      Patricia of Trakai

      -----Original Message-----
      From: raelee <raelee@...>
      To: sig <sig@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Fri, Mar 28, 2014 6:34 pm
      Subject: [sig] Clothing conter-weights?

      So, I'm beading the front of my "good-enough" Russian formal and I've discovered that if I don't use a counter weight of some kind on the back, then the entire coat is pulled forward and out of place by the sheer weight of the beadwork.

      Does anyone know if the Rus sewed counter-weights into the back hems of their garments to deal with this? Or did they bead all up and down the back as well (which would make chairs REALLY uncomfortable at an all day event).

      the very confused

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic