16018Re: [sig] Birch bark letters

  • Anya Stickney
    Apr 18, 2013
      If you live in an area where birch grows naturally, you can simply strip
      the bark yourself. Unlike other trees, birch sheds it's bark, and as long
      as you don't peel too much, you won't kill the tree.

      Since I don't live in a birch-rich area, I bought mine from
      http://birchbarkstore.com/ about 2 years ago. I was very satisfied with
      them. I don't think they pre-treat their bark, but bark for letters
      doesn't need much treatment anyway. The underside of the bark is typically
      very smooth already, and can be written on easily. You can ask the store to
      give you a piece with minimal knots, to ensure that most of the bark is
      usable.

      Lady Anya Sergeeva