15928RE: [sig] Greetings from a new member!

    Feb 20, 2013
      Put a yell out to Zigmund Nadratowski on the subject line or to Jadwiga. They are both Polish Laurels out east.
      'dok

      From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

      -------- Original message --------
      Subject: [sig] Greetings from a new member!
      From: Ravyn Schmidt <dragoninthemist@...>
      To: sig@yahoogroups.com
      CC:

      Hello!
      My name is Jadwiga, and I'm in the SCA from the kingdom of An Tir! I found
      this group while looking for information about my persona! I'm fairly new
      to the SCA, so I'm still getting my bearings. When I joined the SCA with my
      hubby, and the matter of persona's came up, we decided on 16th C Polish,
      because we had been to Poland a few years back, and fell in love with the
      country. How little did we know that late-period Poland is really hard to
      research....if you are a woman. It's been pretty easy to find what he
      should wear...but not me. I swear sometimes, it seems like women barely
      existed back then!

      That being said, I would LOVE any help that folks might be able to provide
      in helping me research my persona! Right now I'm working on clothing, but I
      would like to learn as much about society and customs as I can, as I will
      be trying out for Golden Swan (An Tir Persona award) in a few years, the
      more I know, the better!

      As far as my persona goes, I've put myself at 1569 Poland, in or near Kraków.
      My husbands Persona is a hussar, if that is relevant.

      So yeah, that's me, and my pitiful cry for help, as well as a hearty
      welcome!

      Do zobaczenia,
      Jadwiga