15657Re: [sig] Re: Met Museum - Search the Collection

  • Laura Munn
    Jan 30, 2012
      I used to live at the MET when I lived in NYC. Of course, I wasn't in the
      SCA so I didn't pay particular attention to any one area of the museum. Sad
      to consider that now.

      I was actually kicking myself a little, yesterday, as I realized that the
      drive home from Birka took me right past the Russian Icon Museum.
      Thankfully it is closed on Sundays, so I don't need to kick myself too hard.

      -Katrusha

      On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Hastings Sanderson
      <hodgepatch@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > They have some GORGEOUS Byzantine jewelry pieces in their holdings as well.
      > One of my favorites is a blue glass bracelet from 1100. Lots of lovely
      > bracelets actually. Also a Rus enamel kolt with birds. The Met is high on
      > my list, but I'm on the other end of the country.
      >
      > -Praksedys

      My SCA work: http://katrusha.blogspot.com/

      My artwork: http://arathreel.deviantart.com/

      My baked goods: