15577Re: [sig] New Member, so to speak

  • David Funk
    Dec 7, 2011
      Velvet the Fast! Cool!

      What kind of translation are you looking for? "Velvet" in Russian
      is бархат or barkhat (transliterated).

      I suppose "Needle-Nose" could be translated directly, it's more an adopted
      technical term, the word I've heard most that refers to "needle nose" I
      believe translates to "nippers" but that's for a pair of pliers.

      игольчатый (igolchatyi) means needle-like which is probably more in line
      with what you're looking for. I need to ask a real Russian.

      Do you know what type your Borzoi! is? And is it a Psovaya or Hortaya?
      Beautiful dogs!

      I'm partial to Caucasian Ovcharkas. Alas, long hair animals don't do well
      down here in The Republic of Texas!

      -david