15304Re: Slavic University in Calontir?

  • Suzanne
    Mar 6 5:43 PM
      Thank you, Sofya, for helping to clarify my thoughts!

      We are a small group, with the newer members mostly interested in Viking matters, so I was headed toward offering one track in Viking culture (*garb* for sure, and similarities in naming practices...) to get them thinking about cross-cultural interactions. I try to get folks to think about their persona's geography--including borders, neighbors, travel, language--while building a back story. There should be lots of maps!

      I like your spin on the theme much better than mine. Let's keep the conversation going for a while and see where we end up.

      I'm a little worried that the canton is too small to pull this off. (Last year's RUSH did not run smoothly.) Also, the seneschal and I both work in offices where the workload intensifies in early fall as everyone heads back to school--we'd need to have things well in hand by August 1st in order to pull off a Slavic University in October. [And, there's the issue of our Barony hosting a kingdom event in September. Will people get tired of driving to central Iowa?] On the up side, when we discussed not doing a fall event in the canton this year some people expressed interest in trying an A&S-type event again.

      Decisions, decisions... :-)
      Susanna