      From: David <dmborkowski@...>
      Subject: [sig] Re: SCA Polish persona
      To: sig@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, February 9, 2010, 2:23 PM

      I have been doing some research into my own family history. My great-grandparents emigrated from Radom and Raczki (Southeast Poland or Lesser Poland as some places call it) in the 1920's. When doing research on Radom, I found that it did exist during the 1300's. It also ties into my interest in the Jagiellon Dynasty. "Queen" Jadwiga was made King by the Sejm in 1383 in Radom. The union of Poland & Lithuania was signed in Radom in 1401. So, by accident, I chose a time period and a place that has actual ties with my own family history.

      The difficulty I am having now is finding COAs from that time and area. I found a ton of Polish COAs, but they don't tell from what region. Plus I found articles telling how some of the early Polish COAs were based on "runes". What would you suggest?

      My wife has been in the SCA for years, and just got me into it, so she is my garb maker. The problem is, her time period is Tudor and she will have to learn a new time period and region.

      I am still working on a name, but might go with my given name and just use the Polish "version", but would help to find clans, etc.

      Thanks for the suggestions!