      From: jpkowal@...
      To: sig@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 11:13:03 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
      Subject: Re: Re: [sig] Question about Boyar's

      Please, Remember the answer. In "general terms Yes". We are talking about a broad swath of History over many different lands. Under such a sweeping generalization I will stick with my Yes. I can find examples in the West of "well-to-do-merchants" being accepted as nobility as well. Does that invalidate the general King to Knight relationship. No it does not. Neither does it in the East.

      The Nobility often is divided between Greater and Lessor in station. Does that invalidate the general King to Knight relationship? Again No it does not.

      The original Warbands that travelled through Eastern Europes river systems were as much Traders/Merchants as they were Warbands. Does this early genesis invalidate the King to Knight relationship? again the answer is No.

      Now if You want to break it down into smaller time periods, and more local geographies then we could try and make the No arguement.

      AVL