14491Re: Latvian dress post 1200 (was: Polish/Lithuanian clothing)

  • hillofbees
    Aug 26, 2009
      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "kirstenobna" <kirstenmae@...> wrote:

      > I would dearly love to see the earliest pictures in there... 14th
      century and earlier (12th if it has anything!). Many many thanks!!!

      > Rekon, who has been inferring what she can't document & wouldlove some
      sources

      > > Further to the Estonian material, I recommend a Latvian source,
      Irita ÂŽeire's recent book Arheoloģiskās Liecības Par
      Apģērbu Latvijā 13.-18. Gadsimtā [Archeological
      Investigations on Clothing in Latvia in the 13th-18th centuries]. It has
      a pretty good summary in English. Most of the material is archaeological
      and in scraps. Not an easy one to get hold of, published by the Latvian
      National History Museum, but i can copy and send bits offlist if there
      is anything in particular you'd be interested in.

      > > best, Ynes

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic