14483Re: pictures of women's clothing in the Polish/Lituaninan Commonwealth

  • hillofbees
    Aug 23, 2009

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "quokkaqueen" <quokkaqueen@...> wrote:

      > Oh, and for comparison, the 'Renaissance in Estonia' website:
      > http://www.einst.ee/Ea/2/TEXT/kuuske.htm

      Further to the Estonian material, I recommend a Latvian source, Irita ÂŽeire's recent book Arheoloģiskās Liecības Par Apģērbu Latvijā 13.-18. Gadsimtā [Archeological Investigations on Clothing in Latvia in the 13th-18th centuries]. It has a pretty good summary in English. Most of the material is archaeological and in scraps. Not an easy one to get hold of, published by the Latvian National History Museum, but i can copy and send bits offlist if there is anything in particular you'd be interested in.

      best, Ynes
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic