14470Re: confused and Oct event

  • panimagdalena56
    Aug 18, 2009
      I added some photos from my collection to my Pani Magdalena photo file that are also waiting for approval.

      The photograph is a 19th century Polish actress portraying Barbara Radziwill. The other scans are from the Polish clothing book, Polski Ubior. The more western looking dress is Elizabeth Hapsburg. Both women were wives of Zygmunt Augusta, king of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth in the late 1500's. Elizabeth was his first wife but he is said to have been madly in love with Barbara. There are also rumors that his mother, Queen Bona (Sforza) may have had Barbara killed/poisoned from which Zygmunt never recovered.

      Magdalena
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic