      From: Paul W Goldschmidt <goldschp@...>
      Subject: [sig] Query on Russian Folk Tales
      To: sig@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, September 1, 2008, 10:34 AM

      Peotr asked me to post the following to the list. You can respond

      here and I will forward to him or you can write back to him directly

      at x@....

      "I am looking for more source material. In particular I am looking

      for well written versions of Russian folk tales that may date back to

      the Kievan period. Tales of Baba Yaga and heroes are of particular

      interest. There is also of material out there, the problem is

      quality. Many version are poorly translated, modernized or made

      cute. Any suggestions for good source material will be greatly appreciated. "

      Thanks,

      Paul