13585Re: all things Croatian [

  • Suzanne
    Aug 3, 2008
      Oy, just what I need - *another* Yahoogroup! But the link to the Fort
      project was pretty cool.... Maybe you could just channel the medieval
      stuff our way??

      Where were you in Croatia? I found that, when visiting the north
      Dalmatian coast, everyone was bilingual in Croatian and Italian and at
      first I couldn't always tell when they switched. :-) It actually
      inspired me to learn Italian... which I'm still not fluent in but I
      recognize some vocabulary even after 30-some-odd years. [I'm
      inarticulate in *at least* 6 languages!]

      Susanna

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Orli" <orlirva@...> wrote:

      > has a nice collection of pictures. Maybe you can add female
      > costumes/characters? I hope to see more Croatian interest. I was in
      > Croatia also in the 70s, and it was just great. Croatian language
      > was also cool. To my Polish-American ears, it sounded a bit like
      > Slovakian with an Italian accent. Here in northern Virgina, A
      > Croatian lady who recently came to the US is teaching my kids how to
      > ride horseback, and I am looking for an opportunity to find out if
      > she has any interest in history and culture... maybe I can turn her.
      > -Rick
      >
      > --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Suzanne" <sovagris@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Have you seen the Before You Know It website? (byki.com) You can
      > > download a teach-yourself program for Croatian. In fact, if you
      > > google Croatian language you'll probably get half-a-dozen Croatian
      > > sites devoted to teaching foreigners to speak the language.

      <original message trimmed>
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic