13293Re: [sig] New photos

  • Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
    Apr 1 5:33 AM
      Excellent job, Your Excellency.

      This is a very long term project I am planning as well - a Bathory-era
      hussar kit.

      I do have a few questions however.

      What kind of saddle are you using? If it's not a home made hussar saddle,
      which is closest to the ones the hussars used then, and why did you make the
      choices you did?**
      How did you attach the wing to the cantle?

      ** - I have heard, from members of our EQ community here, and in Trimaris &
      Atlantia [non-SCAdians, that's the Midwest and the areas stretching from
      Georgia, Fla., Md, etc - see http://www.sca.org/geography/welcome.html%5d, that
      the McClellan is very close to photos I have of extant hussar saddles. But
      after my own examination of photos of extant saddles, I think that a
      Peruvian saddle is actually much closer. What do you think?

      Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated. :)
      --
      Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
      "To rip the ugly, false, and weak from my soul and hurl it into hell. To