11773Re: Alexander Nevsky

  • Rick Orli
    Jan 2, 2007
      That's right, the Lithuanians did not defeat the Knights, the Poles
      did. So PHURUUUH! (rasberry sound) :)
      -Rick
      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "aldo" <turanomar@...> wrote:

      > Actually the Knights were not defeated. Jogaila was hesitating to
      continue the battle standing just in front of Marienburg as he had
      understood that no war was perfmited among Christians and therefore
      he was not sure he had the right to conquer the Castle. Vytautas
      abandoned the field after a while also as the (White-)Russians who
      were tha majority of the army soldiers of his wanted to go back
      home. And finally also Jogaila returned to Cracow.

      > Aldo

      Tannenberg in
      > 1410, killed the Order's Grand Master Ulrich von Jungingen. The
      Liths were

      writes:

      > << Hi Chaps,
      > Does anyone know if there is a biography of Alexander Nevsky in
      > English, and if so, where I could find it? He's my partner's
      hero :) I
      > don't know much about him myself, but anyone who can kick
      Teutonic