11627RE: [sig] Re: Intro and howdy!

  • Tracy Kremer
    Nov 24, 2006
      Thank you _SO_ much, lady Sofya!!
      This is indeed good source material; the first two are
      very interesting, at least to me, and the third link
      is _extremely_ useful; I have yet to make it to your
      site, which I expect (as you are a costumer) will also
      be a wonderful source!
      Enjoy the Symposium; I've never been, but as one
      helping to run various SCA events and CostumeCon when
      it was nearby, I expect it will be wonderful!!

      Dzieki!

      http://www.rastko.org.yu/arheologija/vsedov-slavs.html

      http://www.rastko.org.yu/arheologija/vsedov-slavs_2.html

      > I'm assuming you've seen "Life in 13th Century
      > Novgorod". A lot of that era would also apply to
      > earlier periods:
      >
      > http://www.geocities.com/medievalnovgorod/
      >
      > And my own webpage includes a lot of information
      > about Early Rus (including references). I hope
      > you've looked at it already, but just in case:
      >
      > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/
      >
      > And Russian clothing in _every_ period can be quite
      > practical. According to Rabinovich, even a
      > Muscovite nobleman could wear his upper rubakha
      > around home. It was the more formal, ceremonial
      > occasions that required a greater excess. A certain
      > G. Kotoshkin recorded that ambassadors would travel
      > along the streets in odnoryadki, and then as they
      > were to go in to see the tsar, they would take off
      > the odnoryadki and put on the more formal shuby.
      >
      > I hope this helps,
      >
      > Sofya
      > (And now I'm off to pack for the Knowne World
      > Costuming Symposium!)

      > Lisa M. Kies, MD aka Lady Sofya la Rus
      > http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser
      > "Si no necare, sana."

      > removed]

      CONTACT ME FOR CUST0M NECKLACES! For SCA, New Age, and lovers of amber and semiprecious stones...silver only, no gold. Nice prices, honest!

      http://new.mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic