      From: magdalenag56
      To: sig@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 8:35 AM
      Subject: [sig] Re: Greetings

      Greetings and Witam. I am Magdalena Gdanska. The picture you posted of
      Elizabeth I is sometimes referred to as a gown in "the Polish style"
      because of the gold braid closures. This is after Western Europe's
      exposure to the Polish army in all their regalia.

      Here are a few sites/items on Polish garb.
      kismeta.com/diGrasse/PolishHorseArtillery.htm
      The Spring 2006 Issue of Slovo - Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski's article on
      Sarmatian Baroque Women's clothing (SLOVO is in the links folder)
      and my website at matkamagdalena.tripod.com Information on the Polish
      letnik and a new page on Polish embroidery.

      Let us know if you have further questions.

      Magdalena