11155Re: Greetings

  • magdalenag56
    Jul 20, 2006
      Greetings and Witam. I am Magdalena Gdanska. The picture you posted of
      Elizabeth I is sometimes referred to as a gown in "the Polish style"
      because of the gold braid closures. This is after Western Europe's
      exposure to the Polish army in all their regalia.

      Here are a few sites/items on Polish garb.
      The Spring 2006 Issue of Slovo - Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski's article on
      Sarmatian Baroque Women's clothing (SLOVO is in the links folder)
      and my website at matkamagdalena.tripod.com Information on the Polish
      letnik and a new page on Polish embroidery.

      Let us know if you have further questions.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic