11071Re: Polish Names

  • Art Plazewski
    Jun 12, 2006

      http://staropolska.gimnazjum.com.pl/ang/middleages/Mikos_middle/Liter
      > ary_m.html
      >
      > As a budding historian I grimace that I must rely on such sources,
      > but I still think it is a bit harsh to say these two mentions are
      no
      > good at all. I would prefer something more watertight myself, of
      > course, but they both refer to the same century...
      >
      > While Jadwiga is a perfectly reasonable name, there had to have
      been
      > Polish women out there called something else; and I don't really
      > feel like a Jadwiga.
      > I shall be most grateful if anyone can help!
      > Rosie (who feels a little bit Nawojka-ish)

      lol....so is your herald polish native speaker? if not tell him to
      drop me a line...;-)))
      btw - Nawojka , according to Alojzy Kalixt Kozlowski is a slavic
      equivalent of scandinavian name Jadwiga....so there you go...
      ;-))
      art
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic