      From: MoxFool@...
      To: sig@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:16:48 -0400
      Subject: Re: [sig] Polish Names
      These seem to be reasonable, especially the second. If it's a cative name, there should be no reason to deny it. If all else fails, you could be "<Nice Polish Girl's Name> from Nawojka", and call yourself Nawojka to get around it.

      Choosing your name based on past royalty shouldn't be an impediment either - as long as you aren't trying to imply that's who you are, you're not breaking the Society rule against that, so again it should be allowed.

      If they are denying your request based on the time that name was available, that could be problematic. Your source indicated a late 1300's early 1400's time frame. If you have a more definate year (which the prayer book does have), you can use Irena's Turnau'
      s rule of thumb and figure that the name was likely already in use 10-20 years previous to the time it is first mentioned (again, unless there is evidence to the contrary).

      I hope this is useful!

      Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski