10906RE : [sig] request for help

  • L.M. Kies
    Apr 25, 2006
      For late period, I would recommend looking at Eugenia Tolmachoff's article on court costume:

      http://www.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/articles/nb51_cos.pdf

      For mid period, try the 15th Century Novgorod Merchant's Wife article:

      http://www.strangelove.net/~kieser/Russia/PartizanWoman.html

      I converted a mundane wool coat into something Russian-looking, so if you have specific questions, please feel free.

      One problem is that "all" Russian coats hide the fur inside - so most of your mink won't show.  Almost a waste, really.

      Sofya la Rus