10216Re: [sig] kerchiefs

  • Lisa Kies
    Jul 13, 2005
      X-JumpGate Networks Webmail - Mason City, Iowa: Originating-IP

      Stamerov states that the rectangular ubrus was 2m by 40-50cm. I suspect he was
      refering to Tsaritsa Anastasiya's surviving ubrus. I've made a couple of
      _very_ simple ubrusy with these dimensions (approx. 2yd x 2ft), and they seem
      to work well, although I'm still working out the best way to wrap them.

      Stamerov, K.K. Translated by Tatiana Nikolaevna Tumanova. An Illustrated
      History of Costume. Avenger, Kiev, 1978.

      In Service,
      Sofya la Rus

      Quoting LiudmilaV@...:

      > An ubrus that belonged to Tsaritsa Anastasiia Romanovna, wife of Ivan the
      > Terrible (XVIth century), was made of scarlet taffeta 2 meters long.
      >
      > Unfortunately, my source does
      > not
      > allow establishing the width of the ubrus

      ***> JumpGate Networks - Mason City, Iowa <***
      ***> Voice: 641-424-5307 Fax: 641-424-5346 <***
      ***> www.jumpgate.net <***