wire dipole project this weekend.

  • radiostaticdeluxe
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 26, 2010
      What's up Sierra Fox. I have been off the air a while and just picked up a uniden sidebander mobile rig. im going to make a wire dipole this weekend in the garage and hook it up to see how it talks. it has a funny switch on the back tied onto the final coil and the power supply with a small circuit board patched in. dont know what the switch is for maybe second final or an extended channel mod. we'll see. want to work sideband eleven meters barefoot. hope to work japan, russia, alaska, canadia, and points nw and se from spokane washington usa. i have a wall ready for qsl cards up already in the shack. pray for skip. any can-am dx clubs around? i am only 90 miles from canada. that might be a realistic first goal. canada or alaska. hmmm.
    • David Tipton
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 27, 2010
        What's your callsign/freq?   I'll keep an ear out for you.

        Dave Tipton
        2SF1999
        Fresno, CA

        What's up Sierra Fox. I have been off the air a while and just picked up a uniden sidebander mobile rig. im going to make a wire dipole this weekend in the garage and hook it up to see how it talks. it has a funny switch on the back tied onto the final coil and the power supply with a small circuit board patched in. dont know what the switch is for maybe second final or an extended channel mod. we'll see. want to work sideband eleven meters barefoot. hope to work japan, russia, alaska, canadia, and points nw and se from spokane washington usa. i have a wall ready for qsl cards up already in the shack. pray for skip. any can-am dx clubs around? i am only 90 miles from canada. that might be a realistic first goal. canada or alaska. hmmm.

      • Mike

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 27, 2010
            I work 27.385 LSB & 27.555 LSB throughout each day.  Give me a shout!

            Dave Tipton