Re: [sierrafox] Re: CB/HAM Stores

  • 2SF4263
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 3, 2009
      Yup.  Sometimes, a little hands-on is important.

      Spencer G. Sholly <><
      KJI-4263
      2SF4263
      AM 144
      Killeen, TX!

      I like to go see the item first and do the "touchy/feely" prior to going to eBay. Not always possible though.

      Dave
      2SF1999

      --- In sierrafox@yahoogrou ps.com, Mike <James4363@. ..> wrote:
      Yahoo! Groups
      .

    • 2SF4263
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 3, 2009
        **Snip**One thing about HRO (HamRadioOutlet) they do not sell anything that is
        already wide-banded for the free band! I called about a Yaesu 817 and
        asked if it was CAP or MARS modded, the answer "we don't carry
        anything that's modified for out-of-band TX or RX"**Snip**

        I was suprised and pleased that the used TS 50 that I got from them was alrady modified!

        Spencer G. Sholly <><
        KJI-4263
        2SF4263
        AM 144
        Killeen, TX!

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 3, 2009
          dang! lucky you!

          Sure, used equipment might be pre-modded when HRO receives their shipment. However, I know for a fact they don't sell anything new and modded since a friend that is a licensed army MARS operator had to get a modded radio capable of TX and RX across the entire band and sure enough HRO said they don't deal with that kind of equipment.

          still, when I would request R&L or Universal to mod it they would for a light, modest fee.

          73's!
          23SF363

          btw, HRO is still good considering you can visit one of the stores and see what your buying or look at the new toys coming in from iCom, Yaesu, Kenwood, etc. this year...don't expect RCI and Cobra, though...hi hi.

          On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 5:24 PM, 2SF4263 <kji4263@...> wrote:

          **Snip**One thing about HRO (HamRadioOutlet) they do not sell anything that is

          already wide-banded for the free band! I called about a Yaesu 817 and
          asked if it was CAP or MARS modded, the answer "we don't carry
          anything that's modified for out-of-band TX or RX"**Snip**

          I was suprised and pleased that the used TS 50 that I got from them was alrady modified!

          Spencer G. Sholly <><
          KJI-4263
          2SF4263
          AM 144
          Killeen, TX!

        • michael_sf751
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 29, 2010
            enjoy it great radio
            --- In sierrafox@yahoogroups.com, "michael_sf751" <michael_sf751@...> wrote:

            > HaHa I agree with Mr. Wade. I do The Same thing. Just bought the Ranger 2995dx from an online source brandnew. Xmas gift to my self.. I cant wait ..sHOULD BE HERE THUR OR FRI
            >

            > 73'S MICHAEL 2SF751
            >
            > --- In sierrafox@yahoogroups.com, Wade Smith <wade99@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I prefer to order my radios online. That way, I can search the whole country for the best deals.
            > >
            > > Wade(2SF009)

            > > SIERRA FOX DX GROUP:http://sierrafox2.tripod.com/index.html
            > > THE MUD DUCK SITERING: http://wade99.tripod.com/index.html
            > > SOONER CB NET RING: http://soonercb.tripod.com/index.html
            > > Q5 11 METER RADIO TOP SITES: http://q5topsites.tripod.com/index.html
            > > 11 METER RADIO BANNER EXCHANGE: http://wade.250free.com/index.html
            > > 2SF009: http://www.freewebs.com/2sf009'>http://sierrafox0.tripod.com/index.html">http://www.freewebs.com/2sf009

          • michael_sf751
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 29, 2010
              yup he is right. hamradio will not modify anythinf for freeband