Im Back

  • michael_sf751
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 19, 2009
      Hello wade and The Rest Of The SF Family. I fell off for 6 years due to i moved a few times and now finaly are aloud to put back up an antenna.. Looking foward to talking to you guys and gals on the home frequency and i am mostly on 27.5550 u.s.b. and 27.3350AM OR Thye Superbowl CH 6
    • Michael James
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 20, 2009
        Welcome! You've got 23Sf363 here (Jamaica, W.I.) I also fell off the air for a while but I'm back at it! I will call CQ today on the Sierra Fox Freq. and see if DX land has any conditions.

        You said you are on the bowel, I'm barefoot (100 whiskeys) so I wouldn't stand a chance (LOL)

        73's and welcome back to the best 11M group!

        23SF363

        oh, and the personal here is Mike  ;-)

      • kji4263@texas.usa.com
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 20, 2009
          Howdy!  Looks like the propagation might be looking in our favour in the near future & you are gettin' back on the air just in time!
          73,
          Spencer G. Sholly <><
          KJI-4263
          2SF4263
          AM 144
          Killeen, TX!

          Hello wade and The Rest Of The SF Family. I fell off for 6 years due to i moved a few times and now finaly are aloud to put back up an antenna.. Looking foward to talking to you guys and gals on the home frequency and i am mostly on 27.5550 u.s.b. and 27.3350AM OR Thye Superbowl CH 6

        • Wade Smith
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 22, 2009

            It's nice to hear from you again, Mike.  I need to redo my coax connections to get the base station going again.  I've just been using the mobile lately.  I'll give 27.555 usb a try.

            Wade(2SF009)

          • twosf187@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 22, 2009
              Looking forward to connecting with you all if the DX stays in. Best Regards,
              Bob 2SF187
              Southern CA

              Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

              From: Wade Smith <wade99@...>
              Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 16:01:01 -0800 (PST)
              To: <sierrafox@yahoogroups.com>
              Subject: Re: [sierrafox] Im Back

              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 22, 2009

                 I'll jump on 27.555 right now to see if there's any action going on.

                Wade(2SF009)

                From: Wade Smith <wade99@yahoo. com>
                Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 16:01:01 -0800 (PST)
                To: <sierrafox@yahoogrou ps.com>

                Message 7 of 25 , Nov 23, 2009
                  Nothing in skip land, today Try anywhere from 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM (3-5 PM seems to be the best) local time (1900 to 0000 UTC)
                  for north America and south America skip..

                  Nothing coming in from Europe, yet.. Maybe in 2010 the conditions will be good and making that long trip on 11 Meters might just be possible.

                  Thanks for the message Wane.

                  73's!!

                  23SF363

                  OH, BTW we had skip from Miami and Arizona on VHF (2 meters) a few days back with a good 5/9. pretty unusual.

                  From: Wade Smith <wade99@yahoo. com>
                  Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 16:01:01 -0800 (PST)
                  To: <sierrafox@yahoogrou ps.com>

                • dtipton@prodigy.net
                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 25, 2009
                    Greetings!

                    I've tried 27.555 a few times and so far nothing. Is there a specific time to check this freq?

                    Dave (2SF1999)
                    The New Guy
                    Central Calif

                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 25, 2009
                      I tried it today also. Very weak DX today.
                      Bob
                      2SF187
                      So Cal

                      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                      From: "dtipton@..." <dtipton@...>
                      Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 22:32:09 -0000
                      To: <sierrafox@yahoogroups.com>
                      Subject: [sierrafox] Re: Im Back

                      Message 10 of 25 , Nov 26, 2009
                        I check it anytime.  If conditions are there, then that's great.  If not, I'll try later.

                        Wade(2SF009)

                        Message 11 of 25 , Nov 26, 2009
                          For those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving, I wish all of you a happy one.  I'll leave it on 27.555 usb today in my mobile.  I'll be driving around a bit today.

                          Wade(2SF009)

                          Message 12 of 25 , Nov 26, 2009
                            early in the morning is best for 27.5550 alot of europe stations italy ireland scotland etc..
                            --- In sierrafox@yahoogroups.com, "dtipton@..." <dtipton@...> wrote:

                            > Greetings!
                            >
                            > I've tried 27.555 a few times and so far nothing. Is there a specific time to check this freq?
                            >
                            > Dave (2SF1999)
                            > The New Guy
                            > Central Calif
                            > --- In sierrafox@yahoogroups.com, Wade Smith <wade99@> wrote:
                            > >

                            > > I'll jump on 27.555 right now to see if there's any action going on.
                            > >
                            > > Wade(2SF009)
                            > >

                            > > ________________________________

                          • Mike
                            Message 13 of 25 , Nov 27, 2009
                              Whats your QTH (country)? I haven't heard Europe on 11 meters for a long time now.

                              73's!

                              363 Jamaica

                              Message 14 of 25 , Nov 29, 2009
                                I'm in Central California, USA.

                                Dave - 1999

                                Message 15 of 25 , Nov 29, 2009
                                  my QTH Country Is second division #2 im also located in staten island n.y.c. so conditions in jamacia must be different. i also have just got back on radio after a 6 year pause . it was rolling then and it still does from time to time on 27.5550 u.s.b. But the conditions havent been that great to begin with...

                                  73's michael 2 sf751 s.i. n.y.c.

                                • Wade
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Nov 25, 2010
                                    I wish everybody a Happy Thanksgiving.

                                    Wade(2SF009)
                                  • Scott Brown
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Nov 25, 2010
                                      And too you buddy!

                                      -Scott
                                      2SF492
                                      On Nov 25, 2010, at 3:26 PM, Wade wrote:

                                      I wish everybody a Happy Thanksgiving.

                                      Wade(2SF009)

                                    • false
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Nov 25, 2010
                                        Hope everybody got fat today...lol....

                                        Message 19 of 25 , Nov 25, 2010
                                          Thanx. Hope you all and your loved ones had a grand Thanksgiving.

                                            Happy Thanksgiving from Jamaica the 23 division!

                                            73's!

                                            Mike
                                            23SF363

                                            Message 21 of 25 , Nov 26, 2010
                                              I miss the good ol' days when Jamaica was in my receive quite often.  I look forward to those days again.  I'll be out in the mobile today.  I'll leave it on 27.420 lsb and hope something comes through.

                                              Wade(2SF009)

                                              Message 22 of 25 , Nov 26, 2010
                                                I don't think I'll get too fat.  My girlfriend made sure I worked off the food.  Lol!  I had a great Thanksgiving.  I have/had much to be thankful for.

                                                Wade(2SF009)

                                                Message 23 of 25 , Nov 26, 2010
                                                  Don't worry, you can work the turkey and stuffing off by TX'ing or RX'ing!

                                                  Cooked a duck for thanksgiving in Jamaica this year...Yum! We couldn't get the good old butter ball in time so we made a good substitution...seafood and duck.

                                                  Weather has been nice, still in the mid 80's and no rain for a while now.

                                                  I will be monitoring 27.420 for some DX, the band has been getting better (talked to Australia a few months ago with 50 watts on the vertical~!!!!) over the last three years the band has improved dramatically! .

                                                  73's!

                                                  Mike
                                                  23SF363

                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Nov 27, 2010
                                                    Seafood and duck sounds good.  Anyway, I didn't hear a thing on 27.420 lsb yesterday.

                                                    Wade(2SF009)

                                                    On Nov 25, 2010, at 3:26 PM, Wade wrote:

                                                    I wish everybody a Happy Thanksgiving.

                                                    Wade(2SF009)

                                                  • brian barclay
                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Dec 14, 2010
                                                      does anyone know what mods i need to do to get my galixy 949 to 27.420?

                                                      i found a board called the viagra board but the freq jumps from 27.415 to .425 any ideas will be a big help

                                                                                                                                        thanks

                                                                                                brian 2sf553